What is it that destroys dreams? Explodes personal goals? Creates regret so deep that internal emptiness is left behind? Followed by guilt?
And it is a violent beast. It hangs on with a tenacity that slays willpower. And this beast has relatives, its own tribe that is intent on destroying human potential.
Meet the Manson family of Procrastination:
rest of this entry »
Have you ever had a grand fantasy about ultimate love that you’ve given up on?
Do you long to feel less burdened by worry, stress, or struggle and to experience the ecstasy of an open heart?
Have there been times you’ve buried your pain in workaholism, over-eating, or over-spending?
Do you feel disappointed that something is missing in your experience of love?
What if the deeper love you are aching for really IS possible? How amazing would it be if you could do something RIGHT NOW to invite that into your life. . .
My colleague, #1 New York Times bestselling author, Marci Shimoff has found a way to help you feel like you’re in love all the time.
In her newest book, Love For No Reason: 7 Steps to Creating a Life of Unconditional Love, Marci offers a revolutionary step-by-step program to live in a profound state of unconditional love EVERY DAY of your life. The kind of love that wells up from deep within and doesn’t depend on another person, situation, or romantic partner.
This simple, holistic program—based on current scientific research, ancient wisdom, proven techniques, and Marci’s interviews with 150 Love Luminaries—will make you a magnet for love.
To experience a greater state of love NOW, go to The Love Book
WHAT CAN LOVE FOR NO REASON DO FOR YOU?
Marci’s breakthrough approach will help you reset your “love set point” as easily as you reset a thermostat. You’ll automatically turn up the heat on giving, receiving—and accepting—more love and abundant blessings in your life. You’ll be able to:
- Open your heart fully and experience deep love from the inside, even in the midst of challenges.
- Enjoy more fulfilling relationships with others AND with yourself.
- Turn off your body’s stress response and turn on your body’s “love response” for better health and well-being.
- Experience greater success and satisfaction.
- Help your family, community and the world.
This is TRUE LOVE—it’s what your heart wants most deeply and it’s what the world needs most urgently. Whatever your experience of love is right now—whether you’re in pain or feeling content—you can feel the joy and freedom of an even more open heart.
If you’re ready for a more dazzling, love-filled life starting today, purchase The Love Book
IF MARCI’S NAME SOUNDS FAMILIAR…IT SHOULD!
Marci’s the New York Times best-selling author of Happy For No Reason as well as co-author of SIX books in the phenomenally popular Chicken Soup For The Soul series. Her books have sold more than 14 million copies worldwide in 31 languages! She’s also a featured teacher in the hit film “The Secret.”
In Love for No Reason, Marci shares the most important, life-changing message of all—the one that will dissolve heartache, pain, and emptiness. You’ll learn the 14 Love Keys she discovered in her extensive research that will bring you lasting joy and fulfillment.
“If only you could love enough,
you would be the happiest and most powerful being in the universe.”
- Emmet Fox
If you want to feel like you’re in love ALL THE TIME, then get your copy of The Love Book
Because Love for No Reason is the one thing that can make your 2011 fulfilling beyond your wildest dreams.
AND if you buy Love for No Reason TODAY, you’ll receive The Love for No Reason Gift Package as a BONUS—this includes a powerful recording to remove your blocks to love, audio interviews with famous Love Luminaries, a 5-minute daily love practice, practical ebooks, and much more!
So, I’m heartily recommending this book to EVERYONE I KNOW, giving it an enthusiastic two thumbs up.
If you’re ready to take a giant leap in your experience of love, then this book is for you.
Do you sometimes have trouble turning your mind off at the end of a stressful day?
Can you stay awake at night thinking about all the things that are bothering you?
Do you ever suffer from high levels of anxiety or panic attacks?
Do you feel like your life is out of control?
You are not alone. Hundreds of millions of people just like you suffer from excessive worry, anxiety and stress, or the toxic effects of trying to manage them by overeating, drinking too much, or taking either prescription or street drugs. And most everyone else is simply nervous about what’s going on in the world, and would like to find a way to feel more relaxed and enjoy life more.
That’s why I am so happy to tell you about a new book called The Worry Solution. Here’s a message from the author, mind/body expert Dr. Martin Rossman:
rest of this entry »
Inspiration is everywhere, although it’s not always as easy to spot during challenging times.
It can be easy to get stuck in a rut and, once you get there, it can be difficult to get out. But you can find inspiration for yourself and others all around you.
It’s important to remember that inspiration means different things to different people. What someone finds stimulating, someone else may find little value or beauty in. If you’re going to find your own flash of creativity, you can look for what you’re interested in.
What to Look for When Inspiring Others
Since you may not always know what others like, it can be difficult to get through to others and inspire them. Rather than showing others what inspires you – which might not work for them – strive to teach others how to look for the spark they seek. When they know what to look for, they’ll be able to see inspiration every place they look for it. Consider:
1. Breaking down a larger object into fine detail and studying that detail carefully.
2. Analyzing a conversation for subtle nuances that might give you ideas to work with.
3. Looking more closely at something you generally only see from a far-away distance.
4. Using a writing or drawing prompt to get your creative thoughts flowing more easily.
5. Thinking, looking, or listening outside of the box to see new ideas and opinions.
6. Asking others about what inspires them and looking for the hidden beauty in those things.
7. Taking a class in something you’ve never done before or a language you want to learn.
8. Traveling to a place you’ve never been to see the culture and beauty there.
When you teach someone how to locate ideas on their own, they’ll possess that skill all their life. Then they can find their own excitement wherever they are: at work, home, or on the go. It’s a simple strategy that’s great for the creative type, or for anyone who feels stuck in a rut.
Open Your Eyes to Inspiration
Inspiration seems to come more easily to some people than it does to others. Because of that, some people can quickly find stimulation while others remain in a pattern of thinking that tells them strong positive emotions are out of their grasp.
Finding that creative spark is within your reach, if only you’ll make the conscious decision to leave your comfort zone in favor of new experiences. Be willing to make mistakes, look silly sometimes, and live life to the fullest. Creative inspiration is as close as your next decision to try something new.
When you step out of your comfort zone, you’ll be different than the crowd, but you’ll live a life filled with colors, textures, and a richness that many miss. Decide today to try something out of the ordinary, and see what creativity flows from you and to you when you do. You deserve all that life has to offer. Why not make a new choice today?
Do you find yourself repeating behaviors that sabotage your success? Are you ready to put your limiting behavior to rest in favor of a better outlook and greater fulfillment?
The first step to the success you crave is being able to recognize the limiting beliefs that stand in the way of your success. Once you do, you can banish those beliefs in favor of more empowering ones.
Look for these self-sabotaging tactics in your life, so you can replace them with more productive thoughts that support your success:
1. Settling. Settling for less than your best causes you to stop short of unleashing your fullest potential. Sometimes you settle for less because you’re scared of encountering failure. Other times, you may settle simply because you lack awareness of your own strength.
* Test your strength constantly by going out of your comfort zone. Face your fears, because more often than not, your fear is the only obstacle between you and ultimate success.
2. Expecting too much from others. When you automatically expect help from others, or anticipate that others will bail you out of a tough situation, you’re expecting too much. You are only responsible for yourself.
* Even if your friends and family have helped you in the past, they may choose to let you fend for yourself this time around. Always be prepared to suffer the consequences of your actions and clean up your own mess. Choose a more sensible path that takes into account that you may journey to your destination alone.
3. You feel sorry for yourself. If your current situation causes you to feel like something’s missing, change your circumstances. Instead of dwelling on what could have been and focusing on the unfortunate hand you’ve been dealt, seek to learn from every experience and focus on solutions, instead of problems.
* Your success is your responsibility. Hold yourself accountable for your results and allow unfortunate situations to steer you toward success, instead of deterring you from achieving your dreams. By maintaining this mindset, even your worst trial will be far better than remaining on the sidelines of life.
4. Lack of a second plan. If your initial plan gives less than desired results, your only chance at success is your ability to adapt. Everyone needs a Plan B. You may feel like a pessimist by planning for an unfortunate outcome, but this planning is actually proactive. It shows your mind that you’re serious about reaching your desired destination.
* Ensure your financial security, mental health, and well-being by always planning for the worst while hoping for the best.
If you often find yourself doing any of these self-sabotaging behaviors that hinder your chances of success, decide that today is going to be a new day. The important thing is that you recognize the thought patterns and behaviors that limit you and head in a new direction that supports your success.
Replace stinking thinking with a productive, solution-oriented focus that tells your mind you deserve the success you seek. When you do, your success is inevitable.
As we embarck upon a season of change…leaves, the time…let’s bring our attention and focus to the things we find around us.
Everyone gets a little down from time to time, but you can avoid letting that control you. Nature is one of the best mood boosters available. The beauty of your surroundings can help you feel happy and whole again. Focus on the cycle of life and the beauty of your surroundings.
Go outside and take a deep breath. Enjoy the smell of plants and flowers. Stare into the sky and listen to the chirp of the birds in the trees. All of those things are excellent ways to feel better. Live in a city? If you feel like you’re surrounded by concrete and glass, it can be hard to feel peaceful. But there’s almost certainly a city park within a short driving distance from your home where you can take the time to look for the peace you crave.
Commune with Nature for Emotional Health
When you’re looking for emotional health, keep in mind that many approaches are available. Some people attend therapy or take classes that are aimed at helping them succeed. Others meditate in a quiet place where they can be completely alone. How you use nature to improve your mood is a personal choice that only you can make.
Here are some possible ways to help improve your mood with nature:
* Sit near a body of water, such as a river, stream, lake, or ocean.
* Take time in a city park or other green, grassy area where it’s cool and calm.
* Listen to birds, a purring cat, or lapping waves in person or on a CD.
* Visualize yourself out in peaceful nature, even when you can’t be there.
* Make time for something in nature each and every day.
There are many ways to harness the restorative power of nature, and people who do so find that they feel more at peace even when they aren’t in a nature setting. You can be one of those people. Think about the type of environment you like. Rugged mountains? The ocean? Something else? No matter what kind of scenery you most enjoy, you can find inner peace and harmony there.
A Good Mood is a Choice
You can choose to be in a good mood. Even when things fail to go your way, your mood is completely up to you. Every day, when you start to feel anxious or upset, think about something that makes you feel peaceful. Spend more time taking in the beauty of your natural surroundings. When you do, you’ll be storing in your mind a reservoir of relaxing memories that can be called upon at any time to restore that peaceful feeling.
As you visualize what makes you happy, you’ll be able to hear and see it in your mind’s eye. You may even believe you smell the ocean or the grass. You’ll feel more relaxed, and your good mood will stay with you instead of being lost in an ocean of hurry and busyness. No matter the worry, big or small, natural surroundings can help you improve your mood and stay peaceful.
A leader is not born.
A leader is created and the whole process starts inside the most dangerous place you’ll ever encounter – your own mind.
How can you become a strong leader who inspires others, drives people toward excellence, holds people accountable, and instills a sense of trust? Learning what makes a great leader is your first step.
Here are some things you can do to become the leader you’ve always wanted to be:
1. Control yourself. Every great leader in history has had to become a master of self-discipline and willpower in order to stay focused on the big picture. If you don’t have a goal or the drive to achieve it, you can’t lead others to attain theirs.
* Follow through in everything you do. As challenging as it may be, you need to be disciplined enough to be where you need to be, when you need to be there, whether you want to or not. By being strong in your resolve and resisting temptation to give up, you are setting an example for others to live up to.
* Choose your emotional response to a situation carefully. Sometimes you’ll need to practice the art of silencing your inner thoughts when they’re not appropriate in order to set a positive example.
2. Project your goals. If the people you’re leading don’t completely understand the deeper meaning in their work, they won’t share your vision or work ethic. Every step of the way, communicate with your team to make sure they’re on the same wavelength and know what you expect of them.
* Get your team involved in the planning process and the implementation of your ideas. This gives everyone a greater sense of ownership toward the end result.
3. Praise highly and criticize constructively. The way you praise and criticize others can make all the difference in being able to lead effectively.
* Make sure you publicly praise the people who do excellent work for you. You’ll give the person a sense of accomplishment and the drive to do even better.
* When someone does something wrong, offer constructive criticism and do it privately. Suggest solutions on how they can improve and take the time to answer any questions. They’ll accept your input more willingly if they know it’s done to help and not to harm.
4. Know your people. You can’t truly lead a group of people unless you truly understand their hopes, dreams, struggles, pains, and goals. All the good intentions in the world mean nothing unless you have a true sense of the people you’re working with.
* Talk to your team and get to know them. Getting to know each other on a personal level will strengthen the bond between you. They’ll want to do better for you because you’re more than just a “boss.”?
* Be their leader, first, and their friend second. You’re their leader and that means that you have to make difficult decisions from time to time. These decisions cannot be affected by personal relationships.
5. Make the hard call. There are times when you have to bite the bullet and make some unpleasant decisions. Firing, demoting, and holding people accountable for their actions can be very hard at times. As a leader, it’s your responsibility to handle these matters.
Regardless of where your leadership role takes you, believe that you can be a strong leader. Remember that in order to lead others, you must be disciplined yourself. After all, your actions will speak louder than anything you can say.
In order to gain the respect of others, strive to lead by example in every area of your life.
When you follow these simple guidelines, you’ll be well on your way to becoming a true leader!
Marriage can be the greatest blessing of your life, but it takes a lot of work to maintain a close, vibrant relationship for a long time. Sometimes it seems as though the odds are against the success of your marriage.
By taking these simple steps, you can continue to experience the intimacy and fulfillment you crave within your marital relationship:
1. Accept your spouse’s faults. Your spouse may be perfect for you, but they will make mistakes. Everyone has their faults, and a healthy marriage relationship is built on forgiveness and an environment of safety where you can be who you are without fear. Seek to create that environment and watch your relationship blossom.
* Remember that having different interests is healthy. Celebrate your differences. Seek to enjoy the things your spouse is interested in, and your spouse will likely show more interest in your passions. Show that what’s important to them is important to you also, and your significant other will have no doubt that you love them.
2. Be willing to compromise. In marriage, it’s important to pick your battles wisely. Some of the things you do will annoy each other, but it’s important to provide the grace and compassion that makes the other person feel valued. Be willing to give up your way on the small things, and your spouse will likely reciprocate.
3. Ensure both parties contribute. Marriage is a two-person system. Having just one person run everything will make things challenging for both of you. Whether it’s the bills or chores around the house, divide the tasks so that you make it easy for both of you.
* This is also true for recreation. When deciding how to spend your time together, take turns choosing what to do. If you have a movie night, make it a double feature so that each person is guaranteed a movie that they enjoy.
* The 50/50 rule is a good basis for this. With this set-up, both partners play their part in the relationship and no one is superior to the other. As it should be, both become equal partners in the relationship.
4. Show them that you care. A lot of times, when a couple has been together for a long time, they settle into a routine and forget the little things. Each person in the relationship assumes that the other knows how he or she feels. Instead, date your spouse like you did when you first got together. You’ll be shocked at the results.
* Show your appreciation and love for your spouse in small, everyday ways. When you do this consistently, you will notice a dramatic improvement in your marriage almost overnight. Small, inexpensive, thoughtful gifts throughout the year say more about your affection than one large gift on your anniversary. Say: “thank you” and “I love you” often.
5. Common courtesy is king. When in doubt, use the golden rule. Treat your spouse how you wish to be treated. Be considerate and thoughtful. Always be looking for new ways to express your love.
* Be supportive of your spouse. When he feels down, do what you can to let him know you stand behind him. When she’s had a rough day, pamper her and show her through your actions that she matters to you more than anyone else in this world.
Marriage can be a complicated road sometimes, but it can also be the source of tremendous happiness and joy for both of you. Start today to take small steps, commit to loving your spouse with all your heart, and savor a marriage filled with passion, excitement, and a fulfilling journey through life together.
One of the quickest and most effective ways to grow your confidence and experience self-fulfillment is to contribute to making someone else’s life better. Everyone’s talents and abilities are different. But thankfully, opportunities to serve and make a difference are all around you.
Making an impact in your world is as easy as deciding that serving others is important to you. You can bring a smile to someone’s face and impact people’s lives in a dramatic way with simple acts of kindness.
Try these ideas to make the most of your gifts and talents to serve the world around you and make a difference:
1. Volunteer. One of the best ways to make a difference is to volunteer your time. From working at a local soup kitchen to volunteering your time for charity fundraisers, there is an abundance of ways to help out and pitch in.
* Spend time picking up trash or taking care of animals at the local pound. Visit the residents of a nursing home. Get active in your church. Seek the needs of your community and search within yourself to find what you have to offer to help meet those needs.
* Think of causes you believe in and contact organizations that support those causes. There may be local fundraisers in your area that you can participate in or help organize. These organizations may have other ways for you to help that you may not have even thought of.
2. Donate money. There are hundreds of worthy charities that make a difference in the lives of people all over the world. Even small donations can go a long way to helping others. When pooled together with the generosity of others, your contribution can have a significant impact.
* If you’re not sure what charity to donate to, you can give money to a local church or school fund raising project.
* Organizations like the Red Cross are always grateful for the contributions of generous people who want to make a difference. When the world faces a disastrous earthquake, hurricane, or other natural disaster, the Red Cross and other organizations are there to help. You can help with your donation.
3. Donate blood. Blood is essential for medical aid, and you can even save someone’s life by donating blood if you meet the health requirements. Blood banks often do blood drives at strategic locations throughout the community because these blood banks often lack the supply needed to meet the demand. You can help to meet that demand.
4. Donate your organs. One of the simplest ways to make a big difference with a small investment of time is through organ donation. Often, you can register to be an organ donor by simply mentioning that you want to do so when you get your driver’s license or state ID.
* Upon your death, your organs may be used to further research that could lead to the cure for a disease that affects millions. Or, you may provide an organ that can be transplanted into someone’s body to save their life. It costs nothing to register as an organ donor.
Whatever you decide to do, take time today to think about how your gifts and abilities may be used to serve the people around you. You’ll be glad you did, and you’ll make someone’s day at the same time.
Does life seem to be a struggle for you? Do you feel overwhelmed and frustrated much of the time? Do you wish you could experience something better? Fortunately, you can enjoy the exciting life you deserve once you begin building confidence and self esteem in your abilities.
Success is available to you despite challenging circumstances. It’s important to remember, also, that your self-worth is not defined by your circumstances.
What holds you back? Take some time today to question the beliefs you hold that limit your potential. If you look at a challenging circumstance as a wall that’s impossible to climb, you need a fresh perspective. Within you is everything you need to thrive and excel. The more you question the validity of your limiting beliefs, the more success you’ll experience in your life.
Think of a circumstance in your life that you believe is preventing you from something you want. Write it down, then get ready to challenge that limiting belief. If you do, you’ll begin to move toward the success you deserve.
Use these strategies to maintain a positive self-worth, regardless of your circumstances:
1. Find the cause. What is the cause of the circumstance in your life? Sometimes, limiting beliefs can serve as warning signs that help you avoid danger. What can you learn from this so you avoid triggering a similar situation in the future?
- If the cause of your situation is unclear, ask friends and family for their input. Others see your life from a different perspective, and their input can be valuable in determining the root of your difficulty.
2. Get past the blame game. You can often be your own worst critic. Fortunately, negative self-talk often has very little basis in reality. Choose to replace the doubts of your inner critic with more productive thinking.
- Once a negative thought has taught you its intended lesson, it has served its purpose. If you choose to hold onto those negative thoughts, they will begin to form a negative self-image in your mind. This unbalanced view of your talents and strengths holds you back.
- Instead of dwelling on negative thoughts about your circumstances, learn the lesson and resolve to move on. Find out what you can do differently to avoid a repeat of your present situation. Then, when negative thoughts enter your mind, choose to replace your self-talk with productive thoughts instead.
3. Cut yourself some slack. Recognize that you’re human. Everyone makes mistakes, but your attitude determines your altitude in life. You are valuable regardless of your present predicament. You are worthwhile even when you slip up or falter. Your circumstances simply provide feedback and an opportunity to learn and grow.
4. Make the most of it. When you recognize that you’re valuable despite your circumstances, you’ll begin to make the most of every opportunity. Stumbling blocks you face can become stepping stones to the success you deserve, simply by changing what you focus on.Instead of feeling helpless, ask yourself: “What’s great about this?” Every situation provides something of value if you look for it.
5. Ask for help. Loved ones and friends often see strengths in you that go without notice. Ask them what they believe your strengths are. This is where your self-worth is found. Everyone has something of value to contribute.
- Once you recognize your unique talents, gifts, and abilities, you’ll see life in a whole new way. You’ll seek opportunities to use your talents to bless others. You’ll gain confidence that comes from conquering challenges that once made you cringe.
- Instead of allowing your circumstances to dictate who you are, you’ll make the rules!
6. Live one day at a time. Despite your best efforts, some days simply provide one frustration after another. When this happens, you have a choice. You can let your circumstances defeat you, or you can choose a more positive perspective.
Resolve today to find your strengths, learn from your difficult circumstances, and experience the joy you were created to experience. Instead of tying your self-worth to your circumstances, choose to see things as they really are. You were created with unique talents and gifts. When you find those gifts within yourself and put them to use, you’ll know how valuable you truly are.